Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The "Death" Sentence

  When I was diagnosed with SLE last year, people started feeling sorry for me. Some thought oh my gosh....does this mean you are going to die young? How long are you going to live? Since your grandma died from complications of it, are you going to die the same way?
   To say that I was overwhelmed at my diagnosis, is an understatement. So many thoughts were racing through my mind. I didn't know what was next. Where do I go from here? What is life going to have in store for me? I didn't know.
  As this journey with Lupus is taking place, I'm realizing that it is far from a death sentence. It isn't the end of the world. It is forcing me to live my life. I have to fight for every day that I have. The littlest of things completely wears me out. For instance, getting myself dressed for the day sometime wears me out. Taking a shower sometimes wears me out. Going out and spending time with my husband, friends, and family wears me out. Going to the store wears me out. These are all normal things that "normal" people. If I over due it a day, I'm no good the next. I'm now having to learn what I can do, and what I can't do. Every day that I have is truly a gift of God. There are several people that are keeping me going. They encourage me everyday. Knowing that with God and my great support system, I have a GREAT life ahead of me.

James - my amazing husband

My Mom and Grandpa

My Amazing "Step" Daughter JoBeth

My Beautiful Granddaughter Carley

My Adorable Grandson Cole

These are just a few of the reasons I keep going. God has truly blessed me with some amazing people. I could easily just give up and let this disease take over, but I refuse to let it get me down. God has BIG things in store.


No comments:

Post a Comment