Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Forgiveness

   I've been through a lot in my life. I've been through some things that people have never even dreamed of. I've done some stupid things too. Things that I'm not proud of. Then again, I think we all have. People have hurt all of us. Where it all starts though, is what we choose to due with the hurt caused by other people's actions.
   When I was younger, I would keep grudges against people. If they wronged me, I remembered it. I held a grudge. Every time that I would see them, my blood would start to boil. I would get angry. The thing of it was, was that it wasn't bugging the people that hurt me.  All it was doing, was getting me mad and ruining my day.
   As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that you need to forgive people. Let the pain and hurt go. It does you absolutely no good holding on to it. The longer you hold onto it, the longer it eats at you. It steals your peace from you. Turn it over to God. Let Him handle all the hurt and pain that is in your life. Forgive the people that hurt you. It's not that they deserve the forgiveness, but you deserve the peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment