Monday, March 9, 2015

About Me

My name is Laura. I have been married to an amazing man named James for almost 6 years now. We live in a little town in southern Illinois that is on the edge of the Shawnee National Forrest. I was recently diagnosed with having Lupus. Lupus is an autoimmune disease. It is when the immune system turns on your body and starts aattacking everything. It affects your organs, your joints, your skin, everything. Everyday is a struggle, but I have to keep going. Daily tasks are hard. There are days where you just want to stay in bed and sleep. There are other days where everything on your body hurts. Then you have your good days. But if you over do it on your good days, you pay for it the next day. Its isn't a curable disease, but it is treatable. It is something that I will have to live with the rest of my life. I haven't figured out exactly why I'm going through  all the pain, and the difficulties, but I know that God has a plan.The purpose of my blog is to share my struggles of living with Lupus and help bring awarness to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment